Trying to increase your vehicle’s fuel economy? You can start by keeping your car maintained properly.
Improve Your MPG
Other than regular maintenance, here are some tips to help you get better gas mileage:
- Keep the tire pressures filled to factory recommendations
- Change the engine oil regularly, using the lightest grade oil recommended for your engine and driving conditions
- Replace the spark plugs and filters on schedule; basically today’s version of a tuneup
- Have the fuel system serviced about once a year to keep the fuel system clean and working like new. While your Cottman center technicians can’t help with how you drive, they’ll be only too happy to take care of everything else. Your driving style? That’s up to you.
- To get the most out of ever dollar you spend on gas, take it easy on the gas pedal. Nothing anyone can do under the hood will overcome a heavy foot on the gas. Slower, more deliberate driving will pay off every time you fill the tank.