Temperature Light Is On
First do these three things:
- Turn your car’s air conditioner on.
- Slide the A/C temperature lever all the way to hot.
- Set your A/C blower motor to high.If the temperature doesn’t begin dropping almost immediately, pull over as soon as possible and shut the engine off. Continuing to drive an overheating engine will damage the engine and transmission; in some cases beyond repair.Your local Cottman center can check your car’s cooling system to make sure it’s in good working order, so you shouldn’t have to worry about it boiling over while you’re on the road.
- DANGER! Never open the radiator cap on a hot engine! The coolant could boil over and scald you severely.
- In many cases you should see the temperature light go off or the gauge begin to drop right away. Then you can continue to drive to your nearest repair shop to have the condition checked.